Saturday 12 May 2018

Lobia Salad



                    Lobia or Black eyed beans combined with veggies makes a delightful salad that is both tasty and healthy and it is quite filling too.

                                     

                     Summer is at its peak and eating heavy meals is what I detest so every now and then I turn towards salads to fill my tummy the colorful appearance excites me and want me to have more. We definitely eat with our eyes first!


                   Salads also form an interesting way for me to consume my favorite capsicum. For more capsicum recipes check out Fresh Green SaladOnion capsicum masalaCarrot capsicum rice. Cucumbers keep you hyderated in the summers, do check out the summer special Mint Cucumber Sandwich. Tomatoes and onions are also not to be forgotten so basically these are the veggies that I have used here to prepare this salad you can include or exclude veggies as per your taste.

                   Also check out my previous post using Lobia or Black eyed beans i.e. Lobia chawal.


Ingredients:

  1. Black eyed beans/ Lobia - 1 cup
  2. Capsicum - 1 no
  3. Cucumber - 1 no
  4. Tomato - 1 no
  5. Onion - 1 no
  6. Coriander leaves - few
  7. Sugar - 1/2 tsp
  8. Salt - to taste
  9. Lemon juice - 1 tsp
  10. Olive oil - 1tsp

Method:

  • Pressure cook the Lobia with just enough water for 2 to 3 whistles (the short cut method) or soak the beans for a couple of hours and boil in a vessel till cooked.
  • In a mixing bowl take the chopped vegetables add the rest of the ingredients including the cooked beans. Mix well until combined.
  • Serve.

Do try and share your thoughts with us.

Happy Cooking!!!

No comments: