Sunday 9 October 2016

Mutton Kebabs

         

                 When my Mom is not in the kitchen I enter My Mom's Kitchen to give our taste buds a twist. By trying some never made dishes in my home I love to give my dad tasty surprises.

                 This week I put to use my oven to prepare tasty n yumm Mutton Kebabs. They are easy to make and do not need plenty of ingredients but yes, a lot of patience 'coz they don't get cooked in blink of an eye like the Raw Banana Fry. Plus, they require planing ahead because the mutton after being coated with the masala is to be freezed  for several hours. To be precise, I freezed it for almost 3 hrs so plan well when you want to cook and then start with the recipe.


                                                                         
         
                                  These Mutton Kebabs taste great as a starter dish or as a side dish.


Ingredients:

  1. Mutton - 500gm
  2. Oil - 2tbsp
  3. Ginger garlic paste - 1tbsp
  4. Cumin powder - 1tbsp
  5. Turmeric - 1tsp
  6. Coriander leaves - 1 bunch
  7. Salt - to taste
  8. Pepper powder - 1tsp
  9. Bell peppers (optional)
  10. Onion - 1no 
   
              In the ingredients list I have put bell peppers as optional as I too ignored it since I didn't had any bell peppers at hand. But if you are using cut them into small cubes and when you arrange mutton on the skewers alternate them with a cube of bell pepper.

Method:

Preparation: 

  • Cut the mutton into 1 inch cubes.
  • If using, cut the bell peppers also in cubes
  • Chop coriander leaves.
  • Cut the onion in rings.
  • Roast the cumin seeds, cool them and grind them to a powder. You may also use ready made cumin powder since I didn't had I made it through this process.

Cooking:

  • Heat oil in a vessel.
  • Add cumin powder, turmeric, ginger garlic paste, coriander, salt and pepper and cook for just about a minute.
  • Allow to cool and then rub this mixture over the meat. Use your hands to mix so that the pieces get well coated with the masala mixture.
  • Transfer it to a box and keep it in the freezer for few hours.
  • After removing from the freezer get your oven ready. Preheat it at 180C for 10mins. This is the general temperature that I preheat my oven to. 
  • Meanwhile grease the skewers and thread the meat alternating with bell peppers if using.
  • Set the temperature and cooking mode of your oven. I set my oven  on 200degrees and cooked for 20 minutes turning around after every 8 to 10 minutes. You may alter with this depending on your oven. Cook them till they reach the desired consistency or are soft enough.
  • Serve them garnished with onion rings. 




     Accompany it with a chutney of your choice most preferably Mint Chutney and enjoy!

 Also try Ghosht ki kadi, Liver Fry,  Tala hua ghosht (Mutton Fry)  Kheema luqmi and Kheema baingan masala from My Mom's Kitchen.

Do share your views with me in the comments section below.

Happy Cooking!

2 comments:

Syed ayesha said...

Masha allah Lubna proud of you it looks amazinggggggglyyy delicious ��

Lubna Moin said...

Thanx Ayesha yes they were amazing I hope you will also give it a try someday n am sure u will luv it :)