Wednesday 3 January 2018

Tomato Spaghetti



                    Mid-week and I was all alone for dinner. There had to be something to cheer me up and there, I found in my kitchen a box of spaghetti. Soon I hunt in my refrigerator and gather tomatoes and red bell pepper and get workin' in My Mom's Kitchen. Boiled the spaghetti and worked with the vegetables in another wok and voila I was all set to enjoy a delicious dinner all by myself - Tomato Spaghetti. I gave it a slight Indian touch with onion and ginger garlic paste and also kept it low on spice but you may increase the heat as per your preference.


Ingredients:

  1. Spaghetti - 150gms
  2. Tomato - 2 to 3 nos
  3. Red bell pepper - 1 no
  4. Onion - 1 no
  5. Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
  6. Tomato ketchup -2 tbsp
  7. Red Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
  8. Salt - to taste
  9. Oil - 1 tbsp

Method:

  • Cook spaghetti according to the package instructions.
  • Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions with ginger garlic paste for around 2 minutes.
  • Add the chopped and de-seeded bell pepper and saute for another minute.
  • Add the chopped tomatoes and little water about a tbsp or so and cook on low flame till tomatoes are done. 
  • Add ketchup, salt and chili powder and mix well.
  • Add the cooked spaghetti mix well until combined. 
  • Serve hot with your favorite sauce.
      

Tomato spaghetti is very easy and quick to prepare and requires minimal ingredients so next time when you are home alone or are bored with regular dinner give this spaghetti recipe a try and also share in with me in the comments section what do you love to have in your lonely yet easy breezy yummy dinner.

Also try other one pot dishes like Lobia chawalLemon seviyanSutriyanMacaroni and Carrot capsicum rice from My Mom's Kitchen.

Happy Cooking!!!

No comments: