Saturday 23 February 2019

Brown Chana salad



                  Continuing on the health spree, this is my third post in sequence using carrots. Well, I love salads personally and I am trying my hand on different things to satisfy both, my blog and my cravings. So, today I have a post on Brown chana salad. Brown chana also known as kala chana in Hindi or to put it simply, brown chickpeas are a power house of protein, high in fiber and contains several other vital vitamins and minerals making it indeed a healthy option. Also try Masala chana chaat another way for using brown chickpeas in an appetizing manner.




                   This salad is such a good one that I can go on having bowls and bowls of it one after the other. To suit my taste I have tossed in carrots, cucumber, spring onions and some red bell pepper; you can include or exclude veggies as per your liking.

                   This salad is a simple salad with a simple dressing if you are looking for a dramatic salad with a dramatic dressing then do try Sweet and sour carrot salad and if you are looking for an absolutely fuss free one then check out the Fresh green salad and if like today's recipe you wanna pair veggies with a yummilicious protein source then go ahead for the Lobia salad  from My Mom's Kicthen. Now towards today's recipe :-

Ingredients:

  1. Brown chana/chickpeas - 1 cup
  2. Cucumber - 1 no
  3. Carrot - 1 no
  4. Spring onions - few
  5. Red bell pepper - 1/2 no
  6. Coriander leaves - few
  7. Lemon - 1 tbsp
  8. Salt - to taste
  9. Black pepper - 1 tsp
  10. Cumin powder - a pinch

Method:

  • Soak the chana in water overnight or for a few hours and pressure cook them with a little salt.
  • In a mixing bowl take the boiled chana along with the chopped veggies and add all the rest of the ingredients. Toss it well.
  • Serve immediately.


                             

Also try Mint cucumber sandwich, Tomato soup, Matar kachori, Vegetable oats kofta and Pudiney ke namak paare from My Mom's Kitchen.

Share the joy of taste with your loved ones.

Happy cooking!!!

No comments: