Thursday 14 March 2019

Vermicelli kheer



            As am nearing the milestone of reaching my 100th post on blog this being the 97th, the excitement is all over the place suddenly every little detail matters and every dish is worth publishing no matter how many thousands of times people before me might have shared it and amidst all this work with a biggg drafts list pending and begging for attention I'm here with my latest offering Vermicelli kheer.



                    Vermicelli kheer has two main ingredients one being vermicelli itself and second milk the most essential ingredient to make a kheer. Vermicelli kheer very easy to put together, requires very less cooking time and tastes heavenly. You can serve this amazing kheer as a bonus to your regular dinner or to your guests or make it on special occasions and festivals.

                     I used Bambino vermicelli to make this kheer Bambino being my favorite brand and I get them exclusively from Numaish along with pastas, spaghetti, macaroni and son papdi packets. I love doing free publicity for them 'coz I simply love the brand and like I often say in my posts "spread the joy of taste". If you are looking for more recipes to try with vermicelli or seviyan then do check out Kheema seviyan biryaniVermicelli upma and Lemon seviyan.  Now, to the recipe :- (serves 4)

Ingredients:

  1. Vermicelli - 1/4 cup
  2. Milk - 2 & 1/2 cups
  3. Sugar - 1/4 cup
  4. Cardamom powder - a pinch
  5. Pistachios - few

Method:

  • Heat milk in a deep bottomed vessel and add vermicelli to it.
  • Add sugar and give a good mix. Adjust the sugar level to your taste.
  • When the vermicelli looks cooked add a pinch of cardamom powder and switch off the flame.
  • Garnish with grounded pistachios and serve warm or chilled.


                                You may also like to try Orange kheerBread rasmalaiFruit custardBread kaja and Gulgule from My Mom's Kitchen!

Happy Cooking!!!

No comments: