Sunday 3 March 2019

Egg Pepper Noodles



         College days bring up so many beautiful memories, and for me & my friends the best part about college was lunch time. Talks when they get mixed up with food become so much juicier. I often discuss how I loved those lunch hours here on my blog and outside, lunch time meant everybody's hand in everybody else's tiffin box. I still (like my friends) get cravings to have what my friends usually bought for their lunch and often cook it up this egg pepper noodles is one of them.



         This is my friend's recipe. At first, I hesitated a little to ask for it as I thought she might laugh up for what new can be possibly involved in cooking up a normal noodles dish? Sauteing the peppers adding a dash of sauce and then mixing it with boiled noodles but, oh wait there's nothing like that. I am glad that I finally asked her for the recipe 'coz it was absolutely contrary to my imagination. These pepper noodles are made with an Indian twist! Yup! You read it right there is some ginger garlic paste and coriander powder involved. I could not believe my ears when she pronounced coriander powder. Coriander powder & noodles how in world are they related? but then, a thought crawled in my mind that probably this is the x-factor that kept me glued to her box so, I closely followed her recipe & bingo! it was just the same. I'm so sooo happy! ☺💕 I served these noodles with  Veg Manchuria.


            Now, my friend's recipe was an egg free version but my Mom detests plain noodles they are too bland for her so whenever noodles are being cooked up an egg has to be involved and so following the rule what came up is Egg pepper noodles. You can include or exclude egg and also use veggies of your choice however, I would suggest you to follow the recipe closely for an amazing experience. So, here comes the recipe :-

Ingredients:

  1. Noodles - 1 packet 
  2. Egg - 1 or 2 
  3. Red bell pepper - 1 no
  4. Yellow bell pepper - 1 no
  5. Onion - 1 no
  6. Ginger garlic paste - 1tbsp
  7. Red chili powder - 1 tsp
  8. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
  9. Coriander powder - 1 tsp
  10. Black pepper - 1 tsp
  11. Salt - to taste
  12. Coriander leaves - few
  13. Oil - 3 tbsp

Method:

  • Boil noodles as per packet instructions. Keep aside.
  • Beat together egg with salt and pepper.
  • Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add egg and scramble it well. Remove and keep aside.
  • Heat the remaining two tablespoons of oil. Add sliced onions with salt and saute for a minute.
  • Add ginger garlic paste, followed by turmeric and red chili powder.
  • Add thinly sliced peppers and give a good mix.
  • Add coriander powder and the scrambled egg. 
  • Toss in the boiled noodles adjust the spice levels season with some more salt and black pepper and serve hot.


                   Wanting more recipes to try with colored bell peppers? Then, check out the healthy Brown chana salad, tasty and tangy Sweet n sour carrot salad, protein filled Lobia salad, a heart warming Mixed fried rice, bud tickling Tomato spaghetti and simple yet delicious Lobia chawal from My Mom's Kitchen.

                   Wondering what this friend of mine drooled over in my tiffin box? Well, here it is Sutriyan and Kheema seviyan biryani.


                   Waiting for your thoughts...

                    Happy Cooking!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lubnaaaaaa you literally brought the college days atmosphere alive with your flawless writing. Lots of love. I am sure your noodles tasted better than mine :)

here is the cynosure said...

Water gushes in my mouth while I read this.
I couldn’t control myself for commenting here. What an amazing blogger you are����❤️

Lubna Moin said...

😄 nothing like our college days. These noodles even if they taste better I still love urs.

Lubna Moin said...

Thank u so much😊 Hope u have a good time at my blog...