Sunday 28 July 2019

Mexican hot chocolate



                  All this month I have been posting recipes from my home kitchen and now it's time for something exotic and that comes with today's post on Mexican hot chocolate.



                   Finally summer has left, although we haven't experienced a downpour so far the weather has turned slightly cold and this weather calls in for something soothing. And a warm chocolaty drink is what no one will refuse.

                  With a hint of cinnamon this hot chocolate drink is every chocolate lover's delight. Minimal ingredients and just 5 minutes are what you have to invest. I used chocolate chips for this recipe you can use any dark chocolate available to you. Also, I have used powdered sugar in the recipe you can substitute it with what you prefer like brown sugar or jaggery. Corn flour is used here to give thickness and it is completely optional you can omit it entirely. Another thing that I have learnt is people also add nutmeg powder and cayenne pepper to the recipe but I have limited myself to cinnamon powder only. Here comes my detailed recipe :-

Ingredients:

  1. Milk - 1 cup
  2. Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
  3. Chocolate chips - 1 tbsp
  4. Powdered sugar - 1 tbsp
  5. Corn flour - 1 tsp
  6. Water - 1/4th cup

Method:

  • Heat milk in a vessel on medium flame.
  • Add cinnamon powder, chocolate chips and powdered sugar. Let this cook till chocolate and sugar gets completely dissolved.
  • Meanwhile, in a small bowl dissolve corn flour in water.
  • Add this to the milk while stirring. The milk gets thicker. 
  • Turn out the flame pour in the serving cups and serve hot with bread or cookies of your choice.



             You may also want to try Chocolate pudding, Chocolate vanilla marble cake, Eggless chocolate cake and Chocolaty coconut bites from My Mom's Kitchen.

Waiting to hear from you.

Like my page on facebook and tell me what you tried from the blog.

Happy Cooking!!!

No comments: